- Hindi news
- Bhagwant Mann cabinet meeting update; First cabinet meeting after cabinet expansion
Chandigarh2 hours ago
CM Bhagwant Mann presiding over the Punjab cabinet meeting.
The formula for providing free electricity in Punjab has been prepared. The government will give 600 units of electricity free of cost on every bill. On this, relaxation will be given according to the conditions. In the elections, the Aam Aadmi Party had promised to provide 300 units of electricity free of cost every month. Which has been implemented from 1st July. However, in Punjab the bill is generated after 2 months, so 600 units of free electricity will be given in one bill for 2 months.
CM Bhagwant Mann and ministers during the Punjab cabinet meeting.
These conditions for free electricity
- General category will get 600 units of free electricity in 2 months. If one unit is more then the full bill will have to be paid.
- 600 units will be completely free for SC category up to 1 kW connection. If he spends more then he will have to pay the bill for the same additional unit.
- SC category having more than 1 kW connection will have to pay the full bill if the expenditure exceeds 600 units.
- If income tax is paid and more than 600 units of electricity is spent, then the entire bill will have to be paid.
Promotion of Dhaliwal-Bains in cabinet expansion, withdrew departments from Cheema-Hair
After the cabinet expansion of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government in Punjab, portfolios were allocated to the new ministers yesterday. Among these, Harjot Bains has been promoted by giving education and agriculture ministry to Kuldeep Dhaliwal. At the same time, school education was withdrawn from Barnala MLA Gurmeet Meet Hare. Taking back the cooperative department from Finance Minister Harpal Cheema, CM Bhagwant Mann has kept it with him.
Now total 15 ministers in Punjab government
The first 10 ministers were made in the Aam Aadmi Party government of Punjab. Including Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann, their count was 11. Out of the 10 old ministers, Dr. Vijay Singla was sacked from the cabinet in the corruption case. After this 10 ministers including CM remained. Now yesterday, Aman Arora, Dr. Inderbir Nijjar, Fauja Singh Sarari, Chetan Singh Jaudamajra and Anmol Gagan Mann have been made ministers by taking oath. After which the number of ministers including CM has gone up to 15. Still 3 more ministers can be made.