Udaipur beheading: NIA searches at many places in Rajasthan

Image Source: File Photo The two murderers were arrested within hours of the murder.

The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday conducted searches at nine places in Rajasthan’s Udaipur district in connection with the murder of tailor Kanhaiya Lal last month.

An NIA spokesperson said, “During the searches conducted today at the premises of the accused and suspects in the case, digital devices (mobile phones, laptops and SIM cards) and other incriminating material have been seized. Further investigation is on in the matter. ” , Kanhaiya Lal (48) was stabbed to death inside his tailoring shop on June 28.

The gruesome attack on the tailor by Riyaz Akhtari, also known as Riyaz Attari, was recorded over a phone call by his partner Ghaus Mohammad on the tailor, and the video was posted online. He later said in a separate video that he killed Lal to avenge his alleged insult to Islam. He was arrested within hours of the murder.

Besides the two, against whom the evidence is their own video, security agencies have identified two more – Mohsin and Asif – who are alleged to be part of a conspiracy to spread terror among the public. Two more persons – Mohd Mohsin and Waseem – were later arrested on charges of being part of a criminal conspiracy and helping the two main accused in carrying out a recce of the tailor shop.

The seventh accused Farhad Mohammad Sheikh was the last person to be arrested in the case so far. The investigating agencies claimed that they found several Pakistani numbers on the WhatsApp account of the accused and said that one of the accused was part of some secret groups which were allegedly for objectionable activities.

The NIA had on June 29 re-registered the case under the Anti-Terrorism Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act after taking it over from the Rajasthan Police. The case was initially registered at Dhanmandi police station in Udaipur. The NIA had said that the accused persons had circulated a video of the criminal act on social media to create panic and panic among the people across the country.

On Tuesday, a Jaipur court extended the police custody of Riyaz Akhtari, Ghaus Mohammad and Farhad Mohammad Sheikh till Saturday and sent the remaining four to judicial custody till August 1. All the seven accused were produced before the NIA court designated by the National Investigation Agency. Amid tight security on Tuesday

Read also | Udaipur beheading case: Gauhar Chisti, khadim of Ajmer Dargah, met accused Riyaz on June 17

Read also | Udaipur murder case: NIA arrests seventh person in tailor’s murder case

latest india news