Get ready to indulge in the fruit craze, as we are about to take a delicious dive into the world of mangoes. With a wide range of varieties to choose from, mango is undoubtedly the king of fruits. Mangoes, known for their sweetness and rich taste, are a seasonal delicacy that people look forward to every year. Whether you like the tangy taste of totapuri or the sweetness of saffron, there is one mango that will tantalise your taste buds.
Some of the most preferred varieties in India are listed below:
- Alphonso: Commonly known as Hapus, it is both popular and expensive in India due to its unique taste, color and shape, which sets it apart from other varieties. While its main cultivation is in Maharashtra, Alphonso mangoes are also grown in some areas of Gujarat, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh.
- Caesar: It is a famous variety of mango from Gujarat which has sweet and pleasant smell and thin skin. It was named after the spice saffron.
- Dussehri: A famous mango variety from Uttar Pradesh, it has juicy and fibrous pulp with a sweet and aromatic flavour. Interestingly, this mango was first cultivated by the Nawabs of India.
- tall: This mango variety is famous for its unique shape and greenish yellow skin. It has a sweet and sour taste and is cultivated in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal.
- download: Mainly grown in southern India, it is famous for its unique beak-like shape. Due to its sour taste, Totapuri mangoes are commonly used in making pickles, chutneys and other dishes.
- Cause: They are named after the city in Bihar where they are grown. This mango is usually available towards the end of the season. Legend has it that the mango was named by Sher Shah Suri to celebrate his victory over Humayun.
- Banganapalle: It is a famous variety of mango originating from Banaganapalle town of Andhra Pradesh. Mango is famous for its sweet and juicy taste.
- Sapphire: Sapphire grown in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh has a very good smell. The best quality is produced during the monsoon season and they are available throughout the year.
- he is: This variety marks the beginning of the mango season just like Banganapalli. It is grown in Karnataka, Maharashtra and Kerala.
- Himsagar: Mango has a unique small, round shape and juicy taste. It originates from the northeastern regions of India and has the shortest growing season among all mango varieties.
read all Latest Lifestyle News Here