The White House has offered to answer questions from Grammy-nominated rapper Nicki Minaj about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.
The 38-year-old artist said on Twitter on Wednesday that he was invited to the White House earlier this week after posting a controversial tweet about the side effects of the vaccine. “The White House has invited me and I think it’s a step in the right direction,” he tweeted.
She continued, “Yes, I am leaving. I will be like Legally Blonde in all pink, so they know I mean business. I will ask questions on behalf of PPL, who are ridiculed for being just human.” Has gone. “
However, despite Minaj’s tweet about a meeting, a White House official told People magazine that the administration contacted her for public health education over the phone.
“As we have with others, we offered to answer questions about the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine with Nicki Minaj and one of our doctors,” the official said.
On Monday, Minaj said she would not attend the Met Gala 2021 because attending the fashion event requires a vaccine.
“They want you to get vaccinated for the season,” she tweeted.
“If I get vaccinated it won’t happen” [be] for mate. This will be when I feel that I have done enough research. I am working on it now. In the meantime stay safe my darlings. Wear a mask with 2 cords that hold your head and face. She is not loose,” she added. She shared a story after the tweet about a friend of a family member who she claimed “became impotent” after being vaccinated.
“My cousin in Trinidad won’t get the vaccine because his friend got it and became impotent. His testicles are swollen,” she wrote.
She added in her tweet, “It was a few weeks since her friend got married, now girl called off the wedding. So just pray on this and make sure you are comfortable with your decision, not bullied.”
However, Trinidad and Tobago’s health minister, Dr Terence Dayalsingh, denied Minaj’s claim that her cousin’s friend developed swollen testicles and became impotent from a COVID-19 vaccine, when he clarified whether it was possible.
According to People magazine, at a press conference, Dr Deylsingh apologized for the delay in responding to Minaj’s claims, explaining that she “had to investigate and make sure the claims she was making were true.” or wrong.”
“Unfortunately we wasted so much time yesterday debunking this false claim. As far as we know, no such side effects or adverse effects have been reported at this time,” said Dyal Singh.
“As we stand now, there is absolutely no such side effect or adverse event of testicular swelling in Trinidad or … anywhere. None that we are aware of anywhere else in the world,” he said.
Dayal Singh also expressed his disappointment that he had to investigate Minaj’s claim.
“The sad part of it is that yesterday we wasted our time, trying to track down [it] Down. Because we take all these claims seriously, be it social media or mainstream media.”
Minaj also said on Monday that she contracted COVID-19 while working on a music video shoot. Telling a follower that she recommends vaccinations for people who need it for her job, she said she’ll probably get the vaccine herself if she goes on tour.
Minaj faced backlash after her comments on the vaccine resulted in additional heated Twitter reactions from former Good Morning Britain hosts Piers Morgan and Meghan McCain.