WhatsApp introduced an in-chat Payment Facility that allows users to transact through WhatsApp with anyone in their contact list. this is a is i-based payment service using which you can send and receive money. Developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), WhatsApp Pay was launched as a trial run in India in February 2018. Later on February 7, 2020, WhatsApp received NPCI’s approval to launch its digital payments service in a phased manner. In the first phase, WhatsApp offered its payments service to around 10 million users in the country.
How to enable WhatsApp Pay?
To use WhatsApp Pay, the user has to first pay a contact. Once the request is received from the other side, the user can set up his UPI account on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp Pay: Transaction Methods?
WhatsApp Pay allows users to send money to anyone in their contacts, after which it enables the UPI ID. WhatsApp Pay users can transfer money by entering their UPI ID. Users can also pay via QR code to send money to people who are not in their contact list.
If you are new to the payment feature of WhatsApp, then you must go to about it. Users can send money directly through chat, there is a rupee sign next to the attachment option inside the chat.
Along with sending, receiving messages, the messaging app allows users to check their bank account balance. Notably, users can add more than one bank account to their WhatsApp Payments account. If you add more than one account, WhatsApp gives you the right to choose your primary account. Users can, of their own choice, delete one bank account or all bank accounts if they no longer wish to use WhatsApp Payments.
First, we will take a look at the steps one must follow to change the primary bank account linked with WhatsApp Payments:
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp on your phone
- Step 2: Tap on ‘More Options’
- Step 3: From the drop down, select ‘Payment’
- Step 4: Now from the options select the account which you want to make primary
- Step 5: Tap on ‘Create Primary Account’
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp and go to Settings
- Step 2: In Settings, click on Payment
- Step 3: Tap on the respective bank account
- Step 4: Click on – Create Primary Account
That’s it, now you can follow the same steps if you want to change the primary bank account on WhatsApp Pay again.
Now, what if you want to delete bank account or all bank accounts from your WhatsApp Pay? Here are the steps to follow:
- Step 1: Go to WhatsApp
- Step 2: Click on the option – Payment
- Step 3: Select the bank account you want to delete
- Step 4: Tap – Remove Bank Account.
Click here for seat-wise LIVE result Updates.