Last Update: April 26, 2023, 06:03 AM IST
WhatsApp is expanding its multi-device feature to support additional smartphones, allowing users to access and send messages from multiple phones linked to a single account.
The feature previously allowed access to WhatsApp on the primary phone as well as on additional Android tablets, browsers or computers.
The service is now rolling out the feature, which the Meta-owned messaging service describes as “one WhatsApp account, now across multiple phones,” to all users in the coming weeks.
Drumroll please… Now you can use same WhatsApp account on multiple phones ☎️
Link up to 4 other devices to your account so you can easily switch between phones without signing out and pick up your chats right where you left off. pic.twitter.com/Loqa30EgHk
– WhatsApp (@WhatsApp) April 25, 2023
10 simple steps
- Update your WhatsApp app to the latest version.
- Open WhatsApp and navigate to the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select “Linked Device” from the menu.
Tap on “Multi-Device Beta” and enable the feature.
- Follow the instructions to set up a secondary phone with your existing WhatsApp account.
- Select the “Link to existing account” option during setup and generate a QR code.
- Use the primary WhatsApp phone to scan the QR code through the “Link a Device” option in Settings.
- Once the secondary phone is linked, you can access and send messages from both phones associated with the same account.
- If the primary device is inactive for more than 14 days, WhatsApp will log out other devices.
- Enjoy seamless, official support and sync across all operating systems with up to a year of message history.
As The Verge reports, WhatsApp is marketing the feature as useful for small businesses that want multiple employees to be able to send and receive messages via different phones from the same business number.
However, it should also be useful for those who use multiple smartphones and want them all to be connected to the same WhatsApp account.
read all Latest Tech News Here