Watch: Horrific Video Shows Completely Charred Flat After AC Explosion – News18

Last Updated:

The video is said to be from an apartment block in Greater Noida, UP. (Photo credits: X)

The video is said to be from an apartment block in Greater Noida, UP. (Photo credits: X)

This summer several incidents of AC blasts have been reported from different cities.

This summer season several cities and small towns across India are facing severe heatwaves with temperature soaring up to 45 degree Celsius and above. In these weather conditions, many are seeking refuge in air conditioned rooms. However, the sustained use of ACs coupled with high heat may lead to serious accidents caused by sudden AC explosions.

On Wednesday, a user shared a video on X that showed an apartment fully charred after an AC explosion. This fire accident occurred when an AC exploded and the fire engulfed the whole flat. The video is said to be from an apartment in Gaur City 1 of Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.

The caption accompanying the video read, “This picture of Gaur City-1 of Greater Noida West really makes one wonder why ACs are bursting every day. We had never heard of such a thing before this summer.”

The video has so far gathered over 1.5 lakh views. According to the Indian Express goods worth lakhs of rupees were burnt to bits. However, no casualties have been reported yet.

In the comments, many people debated the rise in incidents of ACs catching fire this year. An X user wrote, “Why are AC’s bursting? Uneven load, low capacity wire, poor quality wire, long usage, clutter of inflammable items near points and wires, cuts in wire, and human errors.”

Another person wrote, “This did not happen earlier. Is the company sending the ACs with bombs installed in them? This should be investigated.”

Making a similar point, another person wrote, “Is it something to do with AC quality in India and can somebody also check in which country they are made.”

In May, a blast in an air conditioner triggered a massive fire in an apartment complex in Uttar Pradesh’s Noida. The incident took place in Lotus Boulevard Society in Noida Sector 100. As reported by Hindustan Times, five fire tenders were rushed to the spot as thick smoke surrounded the high rise building. The authorities said that no injuries or casualties were reported from the incident.

“At about 10 am, the fire department was informed about the fire. Immediately, we sent five vehicles here. The fire was extinguished within 10 minutes. The fire was caused due to the AC,” the Chief Fire Officer Pradeep Kumar was quoted as saying by PTI.