Yoga is a powerful practice that provides endless physical and mental benefits. Whether you’re a beginner or experienced, adding yoga to your routine can have a significant impact on your overall health and well-being. With age, your body experiences changes. Despite our ability to multitask, we sometimes fall behind in taking care of our own physical health.
recently, Alia Bhatt And Kareena Kapoor Khan’s trainer Anshuka Parwani shed light on the same. Celebrity trainer, Anshuka Parwani posted a yoga routine that all women should practice to maintain their health.
In the video, Anshuka is seen performing a few yoga asanas including Vrikshasana, Baddhakonasana, Parivrtta Sukhasana, Naukasana and Viparita Karani. These poses work on your entire body and leave you feeling energized. Anshuka also mentioned the health benefits of these asanas.
- Vrikshasana: The expert said that Vrikshasana helps calm the nervous system, strengthens the legs and is a great asana if you are suffering from sciatica pain.
- BaddhakonasanaOn the other hand, “helps improve blood circulation, stretches the knee muscles and benefits the pelvic region and inner thighs.”
- According to Anshuka Parwani, Parivrata Sukhasana or twist, helps increase flexibility in the spine, shoulders and chest, stimulates the abdominal organs and stretches the hip, knee and ankle muscles. While Naukasana helps in toning the leg and arm muscles, strengthens the abdominal muscles and cures digestive disorders.
- Practicing Viparita Karani before sleeping stretches the back and is a very therapeutic pose that helps a person “deal with anxiety and depression”. Watch the video below:
How to do these asanas?
- Vrikshasana: Raise the right leg and place it on the left thigh, similar to Ardha Padmasana leg position. Keep breathing normally and stay in this position for as long as it is comfortable. Finally lower the right leg. Repeat the above action with the left leg.
- Baddhakonasana: Sit on the floor with your legs extended in front of you. Bend your knees, bring your heels toward your pelvis, and let your knees drop out to the sides, bringing the soles of your feet together. Slowly flap your legs up and down to simulate the motion of a butterfly’s wings.
- Parivrtta Sukhasana: Start in a comfortable cross-legged position, place your left hand on your right knee and reach your right arm behind you, rotating your torso to the right. Hold the pose for a few deep breaths, then release and repeat on the opposite side, placing your right hand on your left knee and your left hand behind you.
- Selected: Balancing on your buttocks, lift your legs, arms and torso off the ground, forming a “V” shape with your body. Hold for a few breaths before releasing.
- Viparita Karani: Lie on your back with your feet against a wall, making sure your buttocks are touching the wall. Relax your arms by your sides and hold the pose for several minutes, focusing on your breath and allowing the blood to flow to your upper body.
read all Latest Lifestyle News Here