While Dubai is a popular tourist destination for Indians, Abu Dhabi, located less than 140 km from Dubai, is the capital and second most populous city of the United Arab Emirates. The city is a collage of splendid architecture, stunning beaches, traditional and cultural monuments, adventure-filled action and high-end shopping malls. Abu Dhabi is becoming an increasingly popular tourist destination in India, offering the perfect blend of traditional and contemporary cultures.
If you are planning to visit Abu Dhabi, you can take a short flight directly from India. And even if you are visiting Dubai, you can take out a day or two from the itinerary and cover the top attractions of Abu Dhabi. Visit Abu Dhabi, the main travel site for the Department of Culture and Tourism, Abu Dhabi, lists the top attractions in the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
5 places to visit in Abu Dhabi
1) Jubail Mangrove Park: It is the perfect place to visit, discover and learn about Abu Dhabi’s native species, and spot a range of wildlife from turtles to herons. This jewel in Abu Dhabi’s crown is home to a meandering boardwalk, allowing you to wander through the mangroves. It is a family-friendly park that enhances the importance of nature. It lets people understand the importance of the ecological function of the city’s mangrove habitat, which not only supports biodiversity and protects the Abu Dhabi coastline but also absorbs carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases and releases them into its floodplain soils. Helps prevent climate change by trapping in centuries.
2) Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi: It is considered to be the largest indoor theme park in the world and is located in the heart of Abu Dhabi, bringing some of the best experiences to the visitors. The theme park brings all the famous cartoon characters to life – from meeting Batman or catching up with Superman to hanging out with Wonder Woman, the park has it all in one impressive 1.65 million-square-foot theme park that boasts 29 states. features- State-of-the-art rides, interactive family-friendly attractions, upbeat live entertainment, a range of dining options to suit all tastes, and exclusive shopping outlets.
3) Emirates Park ZooIt is one of the most exciting educational places in UAE which is now home to various animal species, along with a growing list of attractions and fun activities such as animal feeding, animal shows, ziplining and climbing, and car adventures. The zoo was built on the premise that every guest would be able to appreciate nature again after experiencing new discoveries, unique experiences and unforgettable memories, including interactions with its many farm and wild animals. Guests can enjoy VIP experiences such as breakfast with birds, breakfast with giraffes, lunch with leopards, crocodile experience and dinner with elephants.
4) Empty Quarters: The magical Rub’ Al Khali (Empty Quarter) offers the same eerie silence that it did when Thesiger discovered it with his Emirati and Omani companions in the 1940s, with its fine golden and red sand winds hundreds of feet Builds high dunes and is visible as far as the eye can see. Beautiful by day or starry night, this ever-changing expanse of desert boasts one of the world’s most luxurious hotels: Anantara’s luxurious Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort.
5) Louvre Abu Dhabi: The iconic Louvre Abu Dhabi is the first universal museum in the Arab world, translating and promoting a spirit of openness between cultures. As one of the premier cultural institutions located in the heart of the Saadiyat Cultural District on Saadiyat Island, this art-lovers’ dream displays works of historical, cultural and social significance from ancient times to the contemporary era.