UP Private Schools to Hike Fee By Up To 12% From Next Session

The Private and Unaided Schools Association of Uttar Pradesh has announced that the fees of private schools will increase by 11.69 percent from the next academic session. The new order claimed that schools can increase fees as per their requirement within the limit of 12 per cent.

According to media reports, the fee hike will be effective from April 1, 2023. Fee hikes were put on hold by the UP government during COVID-19, but were finally allowed this year.

The current Consumer Price Index (CPI) for the financial year 2022-2023 is 6.69 per cent. As per the Act, school fees can be increased only by 6.69 percent + 5 percent, for a total of 11.69 percent. Agarwal said this shows that schools may increase their fees in the coming session.

According to the Uttar Pradesh Fee Regulation Act 2018, the annual overall fee for private schools in Uttar Pradesh can be increased by 5 percent.

This decision was taken in the general meeting of the association held at CMS School, Kanpur Road. Officials and managers of the member institutes were present, according to a press statement by the association’s president Anil Agarwal.

“The Uttar Pradesh Fee Regulation Act 2018 is the only law that regulates the increase in school fees. In addition, according to Agarwal, decisions were taken regarding the general scope of initiatives to be undertaken by the association to fulfill its social and educational resolve.

The fee hike was canceled in 2020 due to the pandemic which continued till 2021. In 2022, private schools went to court, due to which the fees increased by 9 percent. From next year the fees will increase by around 12 per cent.

read all latest education news here