Last Update: 12 July 2022, 21:00 IST
Monsoon has provided much respite after rising temperatures. The right weather makes for a walk outside for fun. With us, furry pets can take to the streets outside minus the scorching sun.
Just as we change our lifestyle based on the seasons, our furry friends also need lifestyle changes based on their age and needs. There are many things to keep in mind during the rainy season.
Pets, especially dogs, are susceptible to indigestion, certain skin conditions and diseases. During this it is very important to keep their floors dry, healthy and clean.
Here’s a to-do list for you to keep in mind:
- After a walk, dry the pet to make sure all the moisture is absorbed by
- Keep fur clean and infection free. You can watch out for ticks.
- A walk outside means that your pet’s paw is exposed to various germs that, if left untreated, can lead to infection. Make sure you clean their paws and the muddy backsplash with warm water.
- Heavy rain outside means your pet may miss a walk. Make sure you exercise at home or keep them busy. Monotonous rain can make them bored and grumpy. Keep them attached to their favorite toys.
- During this, it is important to keep an eye on their food and drink. Switch to light food that is full of nutrients for them. Consult a vet before making the switch.
- Clean their food and water bowls at regular intervals. Due to the drop in temperature, your pet may reduce water intake. Keep your pet hydrated.
- Home floors can be too cold for young puppies or older pets. Do not let them sleep directly on the cold floor. Arrange the bed
- Thunderstorms are very scary for them. Keep doors and windows closed. If your dog runs away from home, make sure your contact details are attached to the collar.