Telangana to extend all support to farmers: Gangula

Karimnagar: BC Welfare and Civil Supplies Minister Gangula Kamalakar assured farmers that the State government, which was implementing various schemes for the welfare of farmers, would extend all kinds of support to the farming community. Kamalakar participated in the Zilla Parishad general body meeting held under the chair of ZP chairperson Kanumalla Vijaya at ZP meeting hall here on Tuesday.

Speaking on the occasion, the Minister said that with the union government refusing to procure paddy, the state government advised farmers to go for alternative crops. Farmers, who cultivate paddy in the Yasangi season, were advised to enter an agreement with rice millers and seed companies. The officials were also instructed by the government to take initiative to enter an agreement between farmers as well as millers and seed companies, he said and added that farmers, who failed to enter an agreement, were asked to cultivate ID (irrigated dry) crops.

Farmers, who were shifted to alternative crops, would also be provided Rythu Bandhu benefit, he assured and informed that an amount of Rs 1,203 crore was provided to farmers under Rythu Bandhu scheme from the year 2018 to 2021. farm cultivation, he opined that there was a possibility to get more benefits with oil farm cultivation. Besides encouraging oil farm cultivation, the subsidy would also be provided to farmers by the government.

Moreover, there was no threat to oil farm crops from monkey menace, he said and instructed bankers to sanction loans to farmers by depending on Dharani portal without a mortgage. Talking about the third wave of the Covid pandemic, Kamalakar informed that all precautionary measures have been taken to check the spread of coronavirus. While 104 per cent of people were given the first dose of covid vaccine, the second dose was administered to 99.6 per cent of people. The remaining 0.4 percent of people would be given the vaccine by Tuesday.

The district stood second place in south India in administering the vaccine, he informed and appreciated district officials for striving hard to give the vaccine to the maximum population. About 60,000 children aged between 15 to 18 years have been administered the vaccine so far. Informing that fever surveys are being continued across the district, the minister said that people suffering from corona symptoms were given covid kits. He expressed confidence to control covid by Sammakka-Sarakka jatara scheduled in February. MLC T Jeevan Reddy informed that a majority of the farmers would cultivate paddy. Problems have been developed due to the shifting of farmers to alternative crops, he said and advised the state government to take alternative steps to address the problem. MLC Padi Koushik Reddy, collector RV Karnan, additional collector Garima Agarwal and others participated in the meeting.