T20 World Cup:Tim David Will likely be a Enormous Asset if he Makes Australia’s T20 World Cup squad Says Ricky Ponting

Final Up to date: July 23, 2022, 16:58 IST

Former Australia captain Ricky Ponting (AFP Image)

Former Australia captain Ricky Ponting (AFP Picture)

The center-order power-hitter is presently the format’s third-highest run-getter worldwide this yr with 1,002 runs at a strike charge of 183.51

Former Australia skipper Ricky Ponting believes power-hitter Tim David has all of the qualities wanted to win the ICC T20 World Cup if he’s chosen within the nationwide facet, including the 26-year-old reminded him of “Andrew Symonds again within the 2003 (ODI) World Cup”.

Australia are the reigning T20 World Cup champions and can get an opportunity to defend the title once they host the event in October-November this yr. Although David has but to make his Australia debut regardless of setting the worldwide T20 circuit alight together with his ending flourish over the previous few years, he has proven his means to hit the ball exhausting within the Indian Premier League.

The center-order power-hitter is presently the format’s third-highest run-getter worldwide this yr with 1,002 runs at a strike charge of 183.51, in keeping with cricket.com.au. He completed the IPL because the profitable league’s main striker amongst batters to have confronted greater than 25 balls — 186 runs at a strike charge of 216.27 from eight matches.

“If I used to be a selector, I’d like to have somebody like that in my crew,” Ponting was quoted as saying within the report. “He’s an out and out match winner. He’s the form of participant that would really win you a World Cup; he’s not simply the common run of the mill man that may simply sneak right into a squad.”He really jogs my memory a little bit of (late) Andrew Symonds again within the 2003 (ODI) World Cup. You recognize that should you get them in and provides them a possibility that they’re an opportunity of profitable a event for you.

Additionally Learn-‘What’s he Doing Right here?’: Former Cricketer Says Shikhar Dhawan Not A part of Rohit Sharma’s ‘Aggressive Model of Cricket’

“That’s how I’d be him proper now and I do know there’s another high quality gamers within the middle-order for Australia however most likely none of them boasts a resume pretty much as good as Tim’s during the last two years,” added Ponting.

Whereas David is greater than eager to play an element in Australia’s title defence at dwelling this yr, time is likely to be working out for his choice within the squad because the occasion is lower than three months away. David first needs to be named within the nationwide squad earlier than he could make his T20I debut.”(David’s) a really, superb and really harmful T20 participant that I’m positive the Australian selectors are pondering lengthy and exhausting about for the World Cup in a few months’ time,” mentioned the veteran cricketer.

Get all the most recent Cricket Information, Schedule and Cricket Stay Scores right here