T20 World Cup: Will do my best to bring the team as a unit, says Afghanistan captain Mohammad Nabiq

Afghanistan Captain Mohammad Nabi insisted that he would do his best to see his team play as a unit ahead of their first match in the ICC Men’s Super 12. t20 world cup against Scotland in Sharjah Cricket Stadium on Monday. He said the advantage of playing a lot of cricket in the UAE is that his team knows the conditions very well.

“Really thrilled. I was made the captain at the very last moment. I will try my best to bring our team (together) as a unit. We will try our best and have been doing this for the past week and a half. We We have known each other very well for the last few years. We have played a lot of cricket in UAE and we know the conditions like how it works and every player knows too. Inshallah, we will do our best.” Nabi said in the pre-match press conference on Sunday.

Nabi was delighted with the arrival of Scotland and Namibia from Round 1 to the Super 12 stage. For a change, Afghanistan found themselves a straight spot in the Super 12 and avoided Round 1 after being in the top eight of the T20I rankings till the cutoff date.

“It’s really tough. That’s what we were doing most of the time in the qualifying round. It’s really tough to qualify for the next round. I’m really happy with the performance of Namibia and Scotland. They did really well in the tournament and now We are in our group. We are really happy to be playing here in Super 12.”

Nabi believes that doing well in the tournament will mean a lot to the fans back home, who have been in turmoil since the imposition of the Taliban regime. “Everyone knows that back home in Afghanistan, a lot has been happening for the past few months. But, from the point of view of cricket, everyone is prepared and well prepared for this World Cup.”

“The fans are really looking forward to it because the only joy in Afghanistan is cricket. If you are willing to do well in the tournament and we win the match, the fans get really happy and they will have a lot of smiles on their faces. Inshallah, if we do well in the tournament, everything will change because of this World Cup.”

get all IPL news and cricket score Here