T20 World Cup: Lost almost 4.4kg after long knock against Scotland, reveals Martin Guptill

New Zealand opener Martin Guptill has revealed that he lost around 4.4kg after playing a long innings in his team’s latest win over Scotland in the ongoing ICC men’s section on Wednesday. t20 world cup.

In the game against Scotland, the attacking cricketer became the player of the match by scoring 93 runs in 56 runs with the help of six fours and seven sixes. He played till the last over and took the Kiwis to an impressive total of 172 for five, which proved to be a winning total in the end.

“When I came off the field after batting, I had lost about 4.4 kg, so the (hydration) process had to start very quickly,” Guptill was quoted as saying by TVNZ’s Breakfast Hours.

After their 16-run win over Scotland in Dubai, New Zealand next face Namibia in Sharjah on November 5. And, Guptill also mentioned that he will not do much before the team’s next match.

“I was very ripe, but we have a day off so I won’t do too much in there,” he said.

It was Guptill and Glenn Phillips’s 105-run stand for the fourth wicket that stabilized the ship for the Kiwis in the previous game. The veteran Kiwi batsman said how he and Phillips have done well together in domestic cricket as well.

“We didn’t start well, losing three wickets in the powerplay, it wasn’t quite a defense mission, but Glenn and I had to assess the situation and then put a partnership together,” Guptill said.

“I’ve played a lot of cricket with Glenn, we know each other’s batting, we’ve had some good partnerships for Auckland, so it was easy to partner with him,” he said.

New Zealand are currently third in the table in Group 2 with four points and a net run rate of 0.816.

get all IPL news and cricket score Here