T20 World Cup: Hardik Has The Ability To Snatch The Game On Breath, Says Karthik Cricket News – Times of India

New Delhi: Indian cricketer Dinesh Karthik Looks like an all-rounder Hardik Pandya This will be an important contingent for India when the hosts start their hunt for their second title in the shortest format of the game in a few months.
Karthik believes India are strong contenders to win the upcoming match t20 world cup Due to the rich experience young guns have after playing crunch matches Indian Premier League (IPL)
“I think it’s been 14 years – it’s very interesting to know that it’s been so long – I think it also means 14 seasons of IPL, so basically, we have a lot of T20s in that team. Experience is there, Kartik said on Star Sports’ show Game Plan.
“Every player out there has played 150 if not 200 matches of T20, that should give them enough data to take a big moment every time, and that’s what you need, the experience of handling those big moments and so I have no doubts about it. That they will qualify for the semi-finals.
“The question is, on that big day – like it happened in Mumbai a few years ago – someone comes and does good, what are you going to do to someone special. And from India, through the tournament, if they have to do it themselves. Find ways to push forward, there are a lot of key players, but I would like to single out this guy who is in the middle of it all – Hardik Pandya,” he said.
Hardik has stayed on to play as a finisher in both the national team and Mumbai Indians in recent times, although he did bowl in the recent white-ball series against Sri Lanka.
Karthik highlighted how Hardik is the core of the team who can contribute with both bat and ball.
“He bats at No. 6, he has a job to do every time he comes on, he has the ability to take the game away in one breath – how good he is. So, again with the ball, He is very good with it, he is very easy going, he can bowl at 85-87 mph, but can also mix in the slower pace,” Karthik said.
“Over time, he has shown the mind – what’s between your ears – to be very strong, very calculated and he is someone who can come and do very well on slow wickets, and that is one of his strengths. There is one so I’m also waiting for him as a gun fielder — we’ve got some good fielders out there.
“So yeah, I think it’s a total in India. Fingers crossed, they go all the way,” he said.
India will take on Pakistan in their opening match of the T20 World Cup 2021 at the Dubai International Stadium on October 24.

Leave a Reply