T20 World Cup: Do not Suppose Pakistan Can Win if Babar Azam Does not Rating Runs, Says Ricky Ponting

Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting feels that Pakistan can’t win the ICC Males’s T20 World Cup later this yr if their captain Babar Azam doesn’t have a terrific match with the bat.

Pakistan’s Waqar Younis just lately mentioned his former group had a great opportunity of claiming a second T20 World Cup title in Australia, however Ponting isn’t so certain.

Whereas the two-time World Cup-winning captain acknowledges the category of star pacer Shaheen Afridi and the guile of Mohammad Rizwan on the prime of the order, he mentioned their batting line-up is simply too reliant on the captain and No 1 ranked batter Babar.

ALSO READ| ENG-W vs SA-W: England Make Clear Sweep of Three-Match T20I Sequence

“If Babar doesn’t have a terrific match, I don’t assume they will win,” Ponting mentioned within the newest episode of The ICC Evaluate.

“I noticed him up shut and private a few years in the past out right here in a Check collection in opposition to Australia and I mentioned it then, I believed the sky was the restrict for this man so far as Check match batting (was involved) and, if something, he’s in all probability bought higher and higher within the final couple of years.

Their openers are essential and their new-ball bowlers are essential, however that function of the spin bowler in Australia is likely to be a bit of bit harder with wickets that in all probability received’t give them help,” he added.

Notably, it was Ponting’s former aspect Australia, who had knocked out Pakistan from the final version of the T20 World Cup in UAE after beating them within the semifinal.

ALSO READ| ‘Australia Will Beat India in Closing to Win 2022 Males’s T20 World Cup’, Feels Ricky Ponting

Get all the most recent Cricket Information, Schedule and Cricket Dwell Scores right here