T20 World Cup: Buttler expects England to maintain momentum with Bangladesh in future Cricket News – Times of India

England cannot afford to make mistakes in their Twenty20 World Cup campaign with a potentially difficult clash against Bangladesh in the Super 12 stage, the wicketkeeper-batsman joss butler Said this on Tuesday ahead of the first T20 meeting between the two sides.
England top Group I, looking to build on their win over defending champions West Indies In the opener, Bangladesh is at number two after losing to Sri Lanka.
“The winning momentum is important. The way the tournament is structured, there isn’t much room for mistakes,” Butler told reporters. “We can take a lot of confidence from the first game, it’s great to have a win on the board.
“Bangladesh are a strong team… they are a dangerous side. They have some really experienced players in the team and we are looking forward to a tough challenge.
“Obviously we try to plan for the opposition but at the same time we are focusing on ourselves and taking our intensity level where we need it. We as a group We feel confident when we’ve got that right and … is going to give us the best chance at success.”
Bangladesh fast bowling coach Otis Gibson said the team would remain calm and bring their A match against a “very powerful” England team for Wednesday’s match in Dubai.
Gibson, who had previously worked with England from 2007-10 and 2015-17, said Bangladesh had a tough qualification path, but they are confident of beating strong teams in the world showpiece event.
“We know England have a very powerful lineup and we know we have to be in our A game if we’re really going to challenge them and eventually win the game,” Gibson said.
He said, “I have spoken to my bowlers and batsmen… the message is not to panic, understand that you are going to get hit. You can bowl a good ball and get hit because that is their mindset, but they Also give you opportunities to take wickets.
“We should try and implement our skill plans. And when those opportunities come, we should take advantage of those opportunities.”