T20 World Cup 2021: Jos Buttler plays his best in England shirt- Eoin Morgan

Eoin Morgan and Jos Buttler against Sri Lanka in T20 World Cup 2021.

Morgan himself scored 40 runs in 36 balls which will be no less than a relief for the Irish-born English captain. The cricketer has fought for runs so far, be it the T20 World Cup or the IPL.

• Last Update:November 02, 2021, 7:30 am IS
  • Follow us on:

England captain Eoin Morgan could not have asked for a better game. Not only did England seal the semi-final spot, the match also saw him return to form, where he scored 40 off 36 balls to take his team to a safe position. Especially, as they struggled in the early stages of the game. “I’m incredibly proud of what we’ve done tonight. People had to fight incredibly hard. Things kept changing here, Tymal, going out, asked himself another question. But Livingstone and Moeen made an exceptionally good move with the other guys. I can’t blame my guys tonight,” Morgan said as he seemed very confident.

t20 world cup full coverage | the schedule | photos | Mark sheet

He also praised Jos Buttler who scored his maiden century. It was the exact opposite of restraining oneself and then lifting the gears on the pitch, which slowed down as time went on. “I thought Jos Buttler played his best innings ever in an England shirt. It was incredible to be on the other end and watch. He is one of the best in the game and it is a privilege to have him in our team. The all-rounder’s fielding effort was good. We are happy with four wins. The combination of incredible skill levels and the calm flair in which he goes about it – he combines them with reading the game. Seeing him in this form in the group stage is good for the later stages.”

Read also | Jos Buttler brings up maiden T20I ton in most dramatic ending against Sri Lanka

Morgan himself scored 40 runs in 36 balls which will be no less than a relief for the Irish-born English captain. The cricketer has fought for runs so far, be it the T20 World Cup or the IPL. “You always have to believe, I always do. Today was a tough test. We were enjoying ourselves. Just to push a partnership forward and put something on board to defend,” he said of his personal form added when asked.

get all IPL news and cricket score Here