T20 World Cup 2021: India have some serious match winners, says Steve Smith

Steven Smith and Glenn Maxwell in action during a warm-up match against India.

India defeated Australia by eight wickets in the warm-up match with the help of Rohit Sharma (60), KL Rahul (39) and Suryakumar Yadav (38).

• PTI
  • Last Update:21 October 2021 11:01 AM IST
  • Follow us on:

Melbourne: A “fantastic” Indian team is filled with some serious match winners, says veteran Australia batsman Steve Smith t20 world cup, considering that Virat Kohli’s side will be one of the favorites to lift the title. India defeated Australia by eight wickets in the warm-up match with the help of Rohit Sharma (60), KL Rahul (39) and Suryakumar Yadav (38).

t20 world cup full coverage | the schedule | photos | Mark sheet

Kohli did not lead the side but came to bowl as India were still exploring their sixth bowling option. “They’re a great team, they’ve covered all the bases and have some serious match winners,” Smith was quoted as saying by the Sydney Morning Herald.

“They’ve obviously been playing in these conditions over the last few months with the IPL, so they’ll get used to it,” he added. Smith himself scored 57 off 48 balls in the game and crossed the 50-run mark. For the first time since scoring 86 for NSW against Queensland in March.

read alsoHardik Pandya expected to bowl when Indian T20 World Cup campaign resumes, says Rohit Sharma

“It was nice to have some time in the middle again. It’s never easy when you’re three years old. “You have to rebuild there for a period and I thought we did it very well. The partnership with Stoin (Marcus Stoinis) and Maxi (Glenn Maxwell) was obviously important.” Smith, who missed tours of West Indies and Bangladesh due to an elbow injury, said he felt “good and ready to go”. . He featured in two matches for Delhi Capitals in the recently concluded IPL second leg. “I haven’t played many matches with the IPL, but I have spent a lot of time in the nets and getting used to the conditions, which has been good,” he said.

get all IPL news and cricket score Here