T20 World Cup 2021: I wanted to be someone who is as liked and supported as cricketer- Babar Azam

Babar Azam has made a lot of noise with his batting and captaincy in the current T20 World Cup.

Under the captaincy of Babar Azam, the team has not lost a single match in the tournament so far and the captain himself is also in good form.

• Last Update:November 02, 2021, 7:27 pm IS
  • Follow us on:

Pakistan captain Babar Azam has revealed that he always wanted likes and support during his childhood playing days. Talking to the ICC, the 27-year-old said that he always wanted to be the best player since childhood. Babar said, “I always wanted to be the top player, when I was young it was my dream that as a cricketer everyone should get the love and support.”

t20 world cup full coverage | the schedule | photos | Mark sheet

“I’m still in that quest trying to be more consistent and improve my performance. I’m always focused on my goal.”

Pakistan are the favorites to lift the trophy as they defeated India in the first match of the T20 World Cup and then secured a close win against New Zealand. He also defeated Afghanistan where Asif Ali hit four sixes to seal the deal. It is a responsibility to live up to the expectations of the fans. They always expect us to do well in every match and that gives me confidence. I always want to keep my fans happy and satisfied with my performance and help Pakistan win matches.”

Read also | ‘Babur played all three matches in serious trouble, his mother was on ventilator’: Father Azam Siddiqui

He also said that he has to be the best in tournaments like the T20 World Cup. “In a tournament like this, we have to give our best in every game and perform with consistency, we can’t be satisfied against any team at any level because the moment you give your opponent a little gap Well, they will be in a position to take the game away from you, so we have to do our best.” Pakistan captain Babar Azam has created a lot of ruckus in this ongoing match. t20 world cup With his batting and leadership. Under his captaincy, the team is yet to lose a single match in the tournament and the captain himself is in great form. He has hit two half-centuries so far and has scored a total of 128 runs in three matches.

get all IPL news and cricket score Here