T20 World Cup 2021: Craig Williams of Namibia – World Cup by day, loss adjusters by night

Namibia’s Craig Williams will try to master Afghanistanthe spin wizard t20 world cup Celebrate by compiling dry insurance statistical data again – on a Sunday.

The 37-year-old opener, like many of his teammates, fits his love of cricket with the demands of a full-time job. As quantity surveyor in his case.

“I do a lot of insurance, loss adjustments. That’s really my main job,” he explained on Saturday.

He said, “I say looking for someone to prove me wrong, but I guess I’m the only person playing in the World Cup who goes home at night and writes reports for insurance companies back home, ” They said.

Namibia, the lowest ranked team in the World Cup, has only 18 full-time players. However, their low status did not deter them from qualifying for the first global showpiece and then carrying on their Super 12 campaign with a four-wicket win over Scotland.

t20 world cup full coverage | the schedule | photos | Mark sheet

There are big challenges ahead. After Afghanistan, they face India, Pakistan and New Zealand. Williams retired from the sport in 2018 to focus on his full-time job, but was lured back by coach Pierre de Bruyne.

Nevertheless, cricket remains a ‘bonus’ for a person who also runs an indoor cricket centre, a cricket shop and a junior academy.

“There are a lot of things that I do business-wise back home to keep me going. Playing cricket for the Namibian national team is just a bonus,” said the South African-born Williams.

“It’s something like this — it’s basically a place. I wouldn’t call it a hobby because I think we’re professionals, but I think that’s why I’m enjoying it so much that I don’t trust it 100 percent.” . I have other things that keep me busy.”

get all IPL news and cricket score Here