NCB vigilance probe reveals no extortion was done to release Aryan Khan

The NCB is understood to have found no evidence to substantiate the allegation of extortion of money. Bollywood supper star Shahrukh Khan to leave his son Aryan Khan Following his apprehension by the agency’s Mumbai unit in the controversial drugs-on-cruise case. The vigil came soon after Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Director General SN Pradhan claimed in an affidavit by a witness Prabhakar Cell and in an interaction with the media that he allegedly demanded Rs 25 crore to release Aryan Khan. An inquiry was ordered.

Aryan Khan, who was caught during the Cordelia cruise raid on October 2 last year and spent 22 days in jail, was given a clean chit by the agency last week for “lack of sufficient evidence”. SAIL, who is now dead, had alleged that it also overheard KP Gosavi, his employer and a witness in the case, talking over the phone with a man named Sam D’Souza, the matter eventually being settled for Rs 18 crore and Rs. Heard about the outside deal. Out of this, Rs 8 crore was to be given to Sameer Wankhede, Zonal Director of Mumbai Narcotics Control Bureau.

Sail, 40, died in April and police said the cause of his death was a heart attack. After making the allegations, the agency had called him a hostile witness. SAIL claimed that on October 3, 2021, they saw Gosavi meeting Shah Rukh Khan’s manager Pooja Dadlani with Sam and they had a short meeting in their blue Mercedes car parked in Lower Parel area of ​​Mumbai. He said in his affidavit that he collected two bags, which he later received in cash of Rs 38 lakh.

While Wankhede has denied any wrongdoing, Gosavi is currently lodged in a Pune jail in an alleged fraud case filed by the Maharashtra Police. The sources said that the vigilance probe has reportedly found that the allegations of extortion from Aryan Khan’s family were not true as there was no physical or technical evidence to substantiate the allegation and the persons named by SAIL in the alleged conspiracy did not commit any such crime. He also made statements denying threats or demands for bribes. being carried out by investigators or any other connected person.

The Vigilance Investigation Team is understood to have questioned “all stakeholders” and recorded their statements, including officials from SAIL and NCB Mumbai Regional Unit, who took action such as Wankhede, Investigating Officer VV Singh and Ashish Ranjan Prasad, Shah Rukh Khan . and Dadlani. CCTV footage of places around Lower Parel, Mantralaya (Maharashtra State Secretariat), Tardeo Road, Trident Hotel and Vashi where SAIL allegedly exchanged “cash” were also gathered by the agency while arriving at the conclusion Is.

The final report of this vigilance inquiry conducted by NCB Deputy Director General (Northern Zone) Dnyaneshwar Singh is expected to be submitted to the DG Pradhan soon. It is also understood that the investigation found “serious procedural lapses” in the appointment of some witnesses and other procedural lapses during and after the raid at the International Cruise Terminal in Mumbai.

Two days ago, a Special Investigation Team (SIT) which re-examined the entire drug-on-cruise case and the role of the accused, filed a chargesheet before a Mumbai court giving clean chit to Aryan Khan and five others . Enough evidence against them, however, it charged 14 others under various sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act (NDPS) in the prosecution complaint area of ​​over 6,000 pages. This SIT was formed after the cruise raid by the NCB chief and also after the action taken by the Mumbai NCB unit, which sparked controversy.

The NCB has said that the initial arrest and investigation in the cruise drugs case by the Wankhede-led team was shoddy and had several obvious lapses and that is why the SIT acquitted the six accused and it lay on the “touchstone of the principle of evidence”. Insisted. beyond reasonable doubt.” Recommends appropriate disciplinary action against the IRS officer of Wankhede by his Cadre Controlling Authority, Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).

SAIL had told the SIT that Gosavi had got him signed on blank pages and he had not seen any narcotics seized. Pradhan, soon after taking over as the Director General of NCB in July last year, had issued strict instructions to his officers in the agency that he wanted them to conduct professional, evidence-based and quality investigations in drug cases with national or international ramifications. .

The DG has also asked its investigators to ensure that their action is backed by solid evidence so that a strong case can be built against the big drug gangs and cartels. He instructed them to stay away from petty drug trafficking cases and the best they should do in such cases is to assist the local police or any other law enforcement agency in the investigation.

read all breaking news , today’s fresh news And IPL 2022 Live Updates Here.