Last Update: December 04, 2022, 14:52 IST
Seventeen students in Maharashtra’s Nagpur district suffered food poisoning after consuming chocolates distributed by an unidentified person on Saturday, an official said, adding that all were hospitalized and out of danger.
Students of classes III, IV and V of Madan Gopal High School on North Ambajhari Road were playing outside the school premises during lunch break and ate chocolates being distributed by a person, a police official said.
“The man told the children that today is his birthday. Within an hour of consuming the chocolate, 17 students complained of chest pain and started vomiting. He was taken to Lata Mangeshkar Hospital in Sitabuldi.”
“All of them are out of danger. Three students are in the intensive care unit. The rest are under observation,” said a doctor at the hospital.
A police official at Sitabuldi police station said that a search was on for the man, who some students claimed had come in a black car, while others said he was wearing a mask. Senior Inspector Atul Sabnis said that CCTV footage of the area would be examined to nab the culprit.
read all latest education news Here