It does not matter if the child does not eat properly in one go, but if this is happening regularly, then it is time to consult a doctor. Lack of appetite means less food, which means not getting enough nutritional value. Let us understand why your baby is not eating properly.
If the child has a sore throat, stomach flu, diarrhea, headache, fever or any other symptoms, they may eat comparatively less. However, as they recover, the baby’s diet goes back to what it was.
Some older children face a lot of stress, which reduces their appetite in the process. If your child is not getting proper sleep or diet, they may become stressed. It is important to recognize the cause of stress.
Young children sometimes do not want to eat because of worms in the stomach. See a doctor if they have abdominal pain and a persistent urge to not eat. Insects kill hunger.
If the child is about 1 or 2 years old and is not eating anything, see if their teeth are erupting. Children usually do not want to eat because of the pain around the gums.
Sometimes iron deficiency in the body of children also causes loss of appetite.
ways to increase appetite of children
- We all know how much he loves snacking!
- Give them roasted peanuts, not chips.
- Offer them healthy vegetable sandwiches or soups, not flour biscuits or cookies.
- Always keep a sufficient gap between breakfast and meals.
- If they are not fond of milk, feed them cottage cheese, curd, cream etc. to fulfill their calcium requirement.
- Give them to eat healthy fat and calorie rich things so that the weight can be balanced.
- Make smoothies, milkshakes with Jamun, Honey, Banana, Yogurt, Mango or their other favorite fruits.