India made short work of England in the first ODI as the men beat Butler & Co by 10 wickets at The Oval, London. Here is a list of records and statistics that you need to know after India’s thumping win over England.
Lowest score for England vs India in ODIs
- 110: The Oval, 2022
- 125: Jaipur, 2006
- 149: Sydney, 1985
- 155: Ranchi, 2013
- 158: Kochi, 2013
- India became the first team to beat England by ten wickets in ODIs in England.
- This is the sixth time that England have lost by 10 wickets. Their last defeat came by 10 wickets against Sri Lanka in Colombo in 2011.
England’s loss of 10 wickets in ODIs
- vs Sri Lanka, (Colombo, 2001)
- vs Australia, (Sydney, 2003)
- vs Sri Lanka, (Dambula, 2003)
- vs New Zealand, (Hamilton, 2008)
- vs Sri Lanka, (Colombo, 2011)
- vs India, (The Oval, 2022)
- India beat England with 18.4 overs or 188 balls to spare. This is India’s biggest win in terms of balls against England.
India’s biggest win in terms of balls
- 231 balls: vs Kenya, 2001
- 211 balls: vs West Indies, 2018
- 188 balls: vs England, 2022
IND vs ENG, 1st ODI: Match Report
India won the toss and Rohit Sharma Decided to bowl first. On a pitch that had a green tint, Jasprit Bumrah The dismissals of Roy, Root, Bairstow and Livingstone bowled devastatingly well to break the back of England’s batting lineup.
Butler scored 30 runs in 32 balls for England. Bumrah eventually finished with figures of 6/19, and Shami proved to be a capable partner, finishing with 3/31 after ten overs.
Chasing 111, Rohit and Dhawan started cautiously before the captain stepped on the gas and started playing their shots. After a long time, Rohit played several pull shots successfully.
Dhawan, on the other hand, played the role of the anchor and took his time. He was playing an international game after a long time, looking rusty, but hanging in there to help keep his side on the line. Rohit scored 76 off 58 balls and Dhawan played a perfect second fiddle with 31 off 54 balls to take India home.
Bumrah was obviously the man of the match and broke many records. Here is a list of records that Bumrah broke and made after performing in a lifetime.
Best bowling performance for India in ODIs
- 6/4 – Stuart Binny vs Ban Mirpur 2014
- 6/12 – Anil Kumble v West Indies Kolkata 1993
- 6/19 – Jasprit Bumrah v England The Oval 2022
Best bowling performance in England – ODIs
- Waqar Younis – 7/36 vs England in 2001
- Winston David – 7/51 vs Australia in 1983
- Gary Gilmour – 6/14 vs England, 1975
- Jasprit Bumrah – 6/19 vs England in 2022)
- Kuldeep Yadav – 6/25 vs England in 2018)
- Bumrah became the first Indian bowler to score a fifty at The Oval, London.
- Third fast bowler after Srinath and Bhuvneshwar to take four wickets in the first ten overs.
- Best bowling average for India in ODIs (minimum 100 wickets)
India will next face England on 14 July at Lord’s Cricket Ground.