Mumbai\Ghaziabad3 hours ago
Two couples who went to bathe in the bathroom after playing Holi died in separate incidents. The cause of death is said to be suffocation due to poisonous gas produced from the geyser. One incident is from Mumbai and the other is from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh, 1460 km away from there.
The first incident happened in Mumbai’s Ghatkopar.
Deepak Shah (40) and Tina Shah (35), living in Ghatkopar, Mumbai, were married some time back. He lived on rent in Kukreja Tower here. Some of his relatives also lived in this tower. On the day of Holi, the couple played Holi with everyone in the colony.
After this both of them went to their flat to take bath. When he did not come for a long time, his relatives came to invite him for dinner. When he knocked on the door, there was no response from inside. When he called on the mobile, the bell kept ringing, but the call was not received.
When it was too late, he called the police. When the police opened the flat with a duplicate key, the husband and wife were lying unconscious in the bathroom of the flat. In a hurry, both were rushed to the hospital, where doctors declared them brought dead.
Second incident from Ghaziabad in UP
One such couple lost their lives in Ghaziabad, 1460 km away from Mumbai. Deepak Goyal (40) and wife Shilpi (36) lived with their two children at Agrasen Colony in Muradnagar. After playing Holi on Wednesday, both went to the bathroom to take a bath.
In the picture Deepak Goyal and his wife Shilpi. Deepak was a businessman, while Shilpi was a housewife.
Deepak and Shilpi did not come out for an hour and there was no sound from inside, so the children got suspicious. The children called out, but got no answer. After this the children told the neighbors. Neighbors came and opened the latch of the door by breaking the glass, then husband and wife were found lying on the ground unconscious. They were immediately taken to the hospital, where both were declared brought dead.
Police checked the bathroom. At the moment, nothing seems suspicious. The police are still waiting for the postmortem report.
Deepak started the factory a few months ago
Deepak Goyal had opened a chemical factory in Ghaziabad a few months back. Wife Shilpi was a housewife. There were two children in the family, the daughter is 14 years old and the son is 12 years old. Deepak has a brother, who lives in Mohalla Brahma Singh of Muradnagar town.
This is a gas geyser fitted in the bathroom. The cylinder was also inside the bathroom.
The police statement is the same in both the cases.
In both the cases, Maharashtra and UP police believe that both died of suffocation due to gas leaking from the geyser. There was no ventilation in the bathroom. Police has sent the dead bodies for postmortem. The exact cause of death will be known after the report comes.
This is Deepak Goyal’s house. His acquaintances and friends reached there after the news of death.
Oxygen decreases from geyser
Dr. Pradeep Yadav of Ghaziabad explains – The fire produced by the burners of gas geysers leads to high consumption of oxygen. This increases the amount of carbon dioxide. Carbon monoxide is also produced. It is colourless, odorless and poisonous. This gas becomes the cause of death. Due to lack of oxygen to the heart and brain as required, the person goes into unconsciousness. He may die.
Read some more incidents of accidents due to gas geysers.
8th class girl who went to bath died due to gas geyser
In Meerut, a class 8 girl student died due to geyser gas leaking while taking a bath in the bathroom. The student had gone to the bathroom on Sunday evening. When she did not come out for 30 minutes, the mother knocked on the bathroom door from outside. When there was no sound, he immediately raised an alarm. When I broke the door, I saw that my daughter was lying unconscious in the bathroom. read full news
In Meerut itself, the bride who went to bathe in the bathroom also died due to gas geyser.
In Meerut, a bride died due to geyser gas leaking while taking a bath in the bathroom. The bride went to the bathroom to take a bath. When she did not come out for 15 minutes, the mother-in-law knocked on the bathroom door from outside. When there was no sound, he immediately informed other family members about it. Together they broke the door. When he went inside, he saw the bride lying unconscious in a corner. He was taken to the hospital in a hurry. Where doctors declared dead. read full news
Teacher who went to bath in Saharanpur died due to gas geyser
In Saharanpur, a teacher died due to geyser gas leaking while taking a bath in the bathroom. The teacher had gone to the bathroom to take a shower. When he did not come out for 15 minutes, his wife knocked on the bathroom door from outside. When there was no sound, he immediately informed other family members about it. Together they broke the bathroom door. When he went inside, he saw that the teacher was lying unconscious in front of him. In a hurry, he was taken to the hospital. Where the doctors declared him dead. read full news